Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wonders Never Cease

Guess who's bipolar?

Me! Little ol' me.

Dr. Yeow didn't say it. He just accepted it when I said I was cycling pretty high these days and in a way that has nothing to do with a peloton. Or Lance Armstrong. I described my symptoms and my shockingly shameful behavior lately, which I have been too ashamed to blog, on my farewell tour or not.

He changed my medication. Dr. Yeow is always very careful in changing my medication. He also knows that I am not always a compliant patient. If it's a complicated dosing regimen, I usually manage the morning but the rest of the day is lost.

One thing I have realized about this blog is that I use it as an emotional crutch. Personally, I think it's a good thing. Especially since I've come home every day this week and gobbled everything edible in sight (excluding the cats and their food).

Maybe I'm like Cher - taking another farewell tour? Too hard to say goodbye?

Because right now, I'm thinking maybe I don't want to make a whole lot of changes at once.

My head hurts.

Oh - Mark - email me.

6 comments:

the queen said...

I, for one, am pleased.
Is it Abilify? it IS the gold standard.

Becs said...

@Queen - No, not Abilify. It's Depakote, an anti-convulsant (WTF?). It's been around for ages. We shall see.

~~Silk said...

Depakote dampens mania. I assume there's something else for depression?

It may take a while to take effect.

~~Silk said...

Wow. I just noticed the title change. Marie was quite an interesting person. I suspect you aren't taking after her (but if you are, are you willing to share some of them?)

Dorothy was one of my favorites. "You might as well live."

Becs said...

@Silk - Yes, have been taking Wellbutrin for depression but here I have not been as compliant as I should have been. Dr. Yeow wants me to take the Depakote at low, low dosage for a week and then if I don't convulse to death, to proceed to the low dose.

Becs said...

@Silk - Oooh, that's perfect! Yep, I think I'm changing it again. That is a woman's prerogative, no? To change her blog title as often as she changes her hair color. And often for the same reason.