Sunday, August 14, 2011

Clarification

I've been thinking for a long time about ending this blog. It's become repetitive. I think about it too much. I fret about what people must think about me sometimes. It isn't fun any more.

This is my life. I have been managing a steady course for a while now and hope to continue doing that.

Something turned in me a month or two ago. It might have been around my birthday. I thought, if I am not the person I want to be at this point, when will I ever be? If I want bright red hair cut short and spiky, if I want to wear fabulous boho jewelry, who is keeping me back? If I want to have fun, who is telling me not to? This is my chance to become eccentric without being woo-woo eccentric. If I don't allow myself this now, when will I ever do it?

What about those novels that have been building themselves in my head for the past year? When will I type them into being?

I hate blogs that end without a fare-thee-well. One day they're there, the next, they're gone. As one of the locals says in "Local Hero" on learning the main character has left rural Scotland and gone back to America, "Bugger it! I meant to say cheery-o."

All of the "Thoughts on" posts are about my experiences, thoughts and feelings. Comments aren't switched on because this is one area where I don't want public comments. I know how easy it is to be glib when it comes to comments. If you have something to say to me, I welcome it. Send me an email. The "thoughts" aren't for public commentary. And as my grandma said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I plan on wrapping this up around Labor Day.

At least the "interludes" should be amusing.

Cheery-o.

2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I will miss you. I have your blog for so long I do not even remember how I found you.

Benchmark said...

Are you ditching all your blogs? I'll miss you too.