Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I Wish I Could Live Here

All kinds of wonderful things are going to be done to the house. I'm having new Pergo floors installed throughout with the exception of the bathroom. (Already nicely tiled.) The house will be painted throughout. And a fabulous new kitchen will be semi-installed. By that I mean, I'll have a new countertop (gray quartz), white wooden Shaker doors installed on the cabinets, and the cabinet faces laminated.

It's going to look damn nice. I wish I could live here, but the die has been cast and I will be moving to Richmond by the end of March.

At Kim's, I released the cats (Sophie and Toby only because they were easy to catch) into my soon-to-be bedroom and they both scarpered under the bed. Kim reports this morning that both are well and have a good appetite.
Meanwhile, Peach refuses to go anywhere near the trap. Any ideas, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Mia is loose in the house and really enjoys being the only cat.

I drove back up from Richmond yesterday and was so exhausted when I got home that I fell asleep for five hours. What happened to the days when I was the Mad Driver and could push for five hundred miles a day, then get up and do it again for days in a row? What's that you say? It was forty years ago? Well. That might explain things.

Ellen the Organizer and I are going great guns. Next place of attack is the basement before the GOT JUNK people get here on March 7.

It looks like the next two days will be rainy and unsuitable for unnecessary driving, so I'm aiming on taking Peach and Mia to Richmond on Saturday then coming back Sunday. I get tired just thinking about it.