Dylan
Wants in the bathroom
Because I'm there.
Likes grits with lots of butter
Because I do.
Sleeps in the crook of my elbow every night of his life
Because I need him there.
Hits my noggin with his
Because I'm crying.
Skulks around the couch for the milk mug on the end table
Because I'm there.
Plays hide & seek with the shower curtain
Because it makes me laugh.
Scratches at the closed bedroom door
Because I'm on the other side.
Meows for me to pick him up
Because I'm sitting at the desk.
Dylan
Knows that I will always
let him in
share my grits
make a space for him wherever I am sleeping
will look up from my tears and pet him
always pour the milk into a mug he can fit his whiskers into
open the shower curtain for him to hide in, in the first place
come out of the bedroom
pick him up
love him forever.
1 comment:
it's me and Mulder :)
Post a Comment