Last night, I put together the cubby shelves that I bought from IKEA. And this morning was very annoyed that I could not lift the thing up by myself. I needed at least two strong men. And then two others could lift the shelves up. Ahem.
No. Actually, this would be the point where I got my cray-cray on. I know that near Favorite Bagel Shop, there's a paint store and that's where Los Amigos hang out every day, waiting for work. I was actually half way there before I began to question the wisdom of it.
Girlfriend, I said to myself. Are you cray-cray?
It didn't matter. Los Amigos either had their assignment for the day or they were taking the time off like every other sane person. Mexicans go to the moon, too, I suppose.
By the time I had downed a venti hazelnut coffee, I thought, well, the house is so desperate for attention, I can clean around the cubby shelves and wait until Stash and Stash Jr. return home. I can put the house into order and not be ashamed when they come in.
I have cleaned about one-third of the kitchen. It has taken me two hours. I find I have to break frequently and this annoys me, too.
Where has Big Strong Woman gone? That was me. Where did she go? Come back. You are needed.
I had big plans on how clean I was going to get this house, but I think I need to reassess those plans.
At least the IKEA shelves served a the jump-start I've been needing for a very long time now.
There are shiny things in the kitchen now. It's nice.
4 comments:
Big Strong woman has been suffering with some serious pain issues and injuries. Those tend to take the sap out of a person.
By the way, you (and Jammies) have infected me with The Knitting. I'm doooooommmeeeeed....
Recruit somebody from church. You should be able to trust them, I would think.
Let's see - a bolt in the wall and another in the case, two pulleys, some rope, done!
Or wait for Stash.
(WV is "dontrypo". I guess it's saying don't call 911 for assistance on this.)
Sherri - I know! Poor me.
Marc - Are you kidding? There's no one there under the age of a wobbly-looking 65. Not that 65 is bad. Just wobbly-looking-ness.
Silk - I'm waiting for Stash, although I appreciate the physics lessons. And I would only call the po po if I needed an ambulance to hit the sales in New Brunswick. :)
Post a Comment