Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Patient Is Resting Comfortably

...under the bed.

I am home. I am hungry. I paid $251.87 to ransom Gus. I can pay the other half next month. (That's right. THE OTHER HALF.)

I didn't want to go to:

Paris
London
San Francisco
Florida
Cape May

And I certainly didn't want to:

Go to a Yankees game
Take that boating safety course
Buy a new car
Get the steering fixed on the old one
Have the brakes looked at
Spend Saturdays at home instead of at a part-time gig

And Heaven forbid I:

Actually get ahead
Actually stay ahead
Be able to afford to get all my cats up to date medically.

I spent $200 on cat food yesterday. If I'm lucky, it'll last them a month and a half.

I just called my old temp agency to see if they can find me something for Saturdays. Surely there's a doctor's office somewhere that needs a plump and comforting middle-aged receptionist to play Solitaire on their PC on Saturdays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And yet I know the thought of not doing anything would never cross your mind.
Last year - Lana decided to drink a whole bottle of weedkiller.
I found her collapsed on the floor having convulsions unable to stand.
Yes it cost me over a thousand dollars and a whole night at the animal hospital worried sick. No, there was no other thought than getting her better.
Yes - I now don't own weedkiller.
Yet the financial sacrifice is worth its weight in gold for a happy waggy tail every time she sees me :)
You can't buy that type of love.