Doing a quick online banking glance, I was relieved to finally see a surplus. A float. This even after accounting for Gussy's imminent dental work and possible plastic surgery. This even after a new coat and a pair of shoes.
I know why I hate opening my mail. I know why I stick it in a big wire catch-all bin by the back door. Because inevitably, I stumble across something like this:
"We at Mighty Mortgage Co. just wanted to let you know that your escrow has been depleted by about five hundred smackers. Now we can incorporate that into your mortgage and you can end up paying $150,000 on a $500 debt. Or you can cough up the bucks now. Ever so sincerely, we love you, xxx, hugs and kisses, Mighty Mortgage Co. And PS, we'll probably continue to be just as bad at estimating your escrow in the future. Oh! But you paid FIVE CENTS in principal on your mortgage last month. Cool, huh? Mwaaa haaa haaa."
So I will dutifully write out the check tomorrow. I can't face it tonight.
Tomorrow I'll pull all the papers from the evil bin and will sort through them.
The weather this weekend has been bleak, grim, grey, and depressing beyond words. I don't care if it's 20F outside, if the sun is shining, there's a song in my heart. Three days of this just makes me want to stick my head in the oven.
Somehow, I have to rally by nine tonight. In preparation for Gussy's big visit with the vet, I have to take up all the food. I'm making everyone suffer while Gussy suffers. Tomorrow morning, I'll load him in a cat carrier and take him to Hunky Vet's office. There, Gussy will be treated sweetly but no doubt will be absolutely terrified until they get around to anesthetizing him and cleaning his teeth. I'll lay out the money but probably won't even get one glance at Hunky Vet.
We're having an outbreak of Itchy-Ear-itis at Ma Maisonette. Gussy shook and scratched his head until a blood vessel in one ear burst. It now looks like a tiny, heavy balloon attached to the side of his head.
The last time we had an incident like this here, the cat in question (Polly, dear Polly) had sutures put in to keep her ear from crumpling, but it didn't do that much good. $200 and not that much good. Hm. My handsome De Gustibus may have to go for a tougher look now that he's a mature cat of 13.
Add to this an increasing and virulent addiction to WEBoggle.
So much for the daily whine. Tomorrow is another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment